Monday, April 30, 2007

In an attempt to fill the void that had developed yesterday, on such a wonderful day, I was given a statement by one of my roommates. He said, "There is nothing to do!" I quickly replied that I could come up with a list of 50 things to do. He put me to the task. Below is that list.

  1. Play Bocce ball
  2. Play Frisbee
  3. Play catch with football or baseball
  4. Golf
  5. TrackBall
  6. Fly a Kite
  7. Go to Holiday park and hike or go to the nature center
  8. Geocaching
  9. Wash Vehicles
  10. Board Games
  11. Go to theater and watch movie
  12. Visit John and Katie
  13. Play with a Giant Ball
  14. Cook out
  15. Play with squirt guns
  16. Play with Yo-Yos
  17. Roller-skate
  18. Go to an arcade
  19. Play Frisbee-Golf
  20. Go to Conner Prairie
  21. Go to the Zoo
  22. Go to the Botanical Gardens
  23. Go to the Children’s Museum
  24. Go to the Eiteljorg
  25. Go to the Indiana state Museum
  26. Go to Waveland and go treasure hunting in the storage facility
  27. Go Antiquing
  28. Weed the backyard
  29. Plant a garden
  30. Play with an Remote control car or plane
  31. Go fishing
  32. Play basketball
  33. Play with Water Balloons
  34. Play with a Chemistry set
  35. Play with a Electricity set
  36. Go Bowling
  37. Play Mini-Golf
  38. Go to a Show – Music/Comedy/Theater
  39. Paint – Finger-paint or Paint miniatures
  40. Build a model
  41. Play card games
  42. Play marbles
  43. Build and launch a Model Rocket
  44. Play Hopscotch
  45. Make Cloaks
  46. Play Tennis or Racquetball
  47. Launch Water Rockets – No Water Rockets at Wal-Mart but we launched balloon rockets
  48. Have Mentos and Diet Coke Experiments
  49. Make Boffer Swords
  50. SIT OUTSIDE AND MAKE ANOTHER LIST!
Those items listed in blue were the activities that we did yesterday. This provided such a fun filled afternoon, and I could not in good conscience keep this list to myself. Please feel free to use this list to fill the void in your day.

On a side note - We also played Wiffle-ball. This could be item number 51 or perhaps it would be the start of activity number 50?

4 comments:

David said...

10. Board Games

I could write my whole list on this:

1. Puerto Rico
2. Shogun
3. Chess
4. Ticket to Ride

etc., etc., ad nauseam gloriosam!

jack said...

I bought a new board game this weekend. BattleLore! It is outstanding. We should play sometime. It is a miniatures battle simulation game w/ board and cards and downloadable adventures. This could be the first miniatures game that I really get into. I tried getting into D&D minis, but just couldn't do it.

On a related note, I have not played Settlers of Catan in far too long.

David said...

I would recommend a board game night, but that seems too little time to enjoy so many great games. Let's have a board game day. I'll talk to Monica about whether we could host it at our place.

Just got seven new games in the mail today! (must stop buying games...)

John R.P. Russell said...

Are either of you familiar with King's Table (a.k.a. The Viking Game or Hnefatafl)? I give this board game my highest recommendation (ordinarily reserved for chess).